Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013 - A Year of Achievements

The last 7 months have been huge for me and my family. I have lost 35 kgs, Julie has lost 25kgs, my kids are learning more about health and fitness, and I have meet a heap of wonderful people through 12 WBT and made some great friends. This journey has also given me a lot of self confidence and allowed me to set goals for myself that I had never dreamt of.

Yes I have been AWOL for the last few weeks on the blog, due to work and a pretty poor mindset. This is not an excuse, but it has allowed me to re-evaluate what I have been doing and what I want to achieve. I had allowed a few of the old habits to creep back in, some junk food and a few top many wines, but I am also now aware that if I do this I just need to get back on track. It is not the end of the world, just don't let it become a habit.

So, in saying this, what am I going to do to make 2013 different from all the other years? Well I am not one for making resolutions, but I did want to set myself some targets or goals for the year. With my big bike ride in October I am going to be doing a lot of cycling, so a goal for the bike seemed appropriate. I also wanted to have a running goal. I am not that flash at it but have started to enjoy it and thought it would be nice to mix up the training. Finally I want to make sure I am doing the training required so want to set myself a target around around minimum number if sessions for the year. So this is what I have come up with for my 2013 targets.

I will complete a minimum of 5000 kilometres on the bike.
I will run a minimum of 500 kilometres for the year.
I will complete a minimum of 313 training sessions for the year burning a minimum of 500 calories.



This is my pledge to myself and to my family to help me get to where I want to get which can only help me achieve my goals and help me become a healthy and happy person. The last 7 months have taught me a lot but I am still learning and enjoying the positive changes to myself and my wife.

Happy new year to everyone and I hope 2013 brings you all you hope for. Remember you only get out of this life what you put in and if you don't work hard you will never see the change you want to see.

3 comments:

  1. Great to have you posting again :)

    Love your goals... And I know tou will smash them all!

    I worked out if I commit to running 3 times a week and do only 5km I could cover 780km this year after your post. With training for a 10km in July maybe I should take a leaf from your book and shout it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not Dayna. It has made me look at how much I need to get out and train in order to achieve these goals. I have done 203kms on the bike already this year and 15kms running.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete