Monday 30 July 2012

12WBT Reflection Post

“Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.” Author Yvonne Woon.
This weeks 12WBT weekly Surprise is to post about our journey and how far we may or may not have come.  The above quote for me symbolises what we should be able to do in order to see where we were at the start of this journey and what we are on our way to become in time with persistence and commitment.  When I look back at who I was 8 weeks ago, it is a vastly different person.  Whilst I still have moments of doubt, struggle with some of the changes being made and possibly lapse back into some old habits, I believe that this journey has changed me for the better and the difference to my life has been immense.
I am now aware of the years of punishment I have put my body through, all the life experiences I have missed out on and basically many years of enjoying life to the fullest which have passed me by.  In the last 8 weeks I have reached numerous milestones (ran 7kms non stop, rode a bike for 60 kms, lost almost 20kgs) but more importantly I have learnt that in order for me to be the best version of me, I needed to make some serious changes in my life which were not only about fitness and physical milestones.  These have been around diet, which is a huge change and one I now enjoy and changing my mindset.  There is no excuse now for not working out 6 days a week.  There is no excuse now for not pushing myself in a workout and there is no excuse now for eating crap food. 
If you want to succeed in this journey, make the change.  Travel your own journey as honest as you can and don’t compare yourself to others or worry about what others think.  This is about you, not the doubters, not the knockers, about YOU.  You will only get out of it what you put into it.  JFDI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment